Friends, did you know that real Fettuccine Alfredo does not have cream in it?!! I did not know that. Absolutely no idea.
I’m still putting cream in it, I just thought it was interesting.
This is a healthier version of non-traditional Fettuccine Alfredo but you would never know it. Blending the ricotta makes it super smooth and gives you all the satisfaction you get from a pure cream sauce. It also takes about ten minutes to make. You can have the sauce ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta, which means you can have delicious (fake) Fettuccine Alfredo in your mouth in ten minutes.
Dinner tonight = planned.
- For the Crispy Prosciutto:
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 grams Prosciutto
- For the pasta:
- 1 lb fettuccini
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp each S&P
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- To make the crispy prosciutto cut the prosciutto into thin ribbons.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the prosciutto and cook until crisp then set aside to drain on paper towel.
- To make the sauce melt the butter in a large skillet over low-medium heat and add in the garlic.
- While it gently cooks add to the blender the ricotta and the cream. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the blended ricotta to the butter in the skillet along with the S&P, nutmeg and Parmesan. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss together.
- Top with the prosciutto crisps.
Let me know what you think!