These soft, chewy and beautifully green cookies might just be your new favourite treat.
I must say that these chewy Matcha Cookies go perfectly with a matcha latte. I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life, I’m just trying to make it better. Trust me. Have I ever steered you wrong?
If you like matcha you will love these.
The earthy taste of the matcha is perfectly offset by the sweet creaminess of the white chocolate. And I am not shy with the white chocolate in these. Or the vanilla. It’s really a matcha made in heaven. Get it? Of course you do. Sorry. I promise that’s the only one I’ll do.
Make sure you use a pure matcha powder for these cookies, not a drink mix or sweetened powder. Both ceremonial and culinary grade matchas are fine though.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I use regular white chocolate chips and minis in these, but you don’t have to. You can use one or the other, or even chunks, or a chopped up white chocolate bar.
*Sometimes matcha can get a little clumpy, and if mine gets that way I just sift it through a strainer into the flour. A big lump of dry matcha in a bite of cookie will not make you happy.
*You probably already know that green tea is good for you, but if you want a bit more info on the benefits of matcha read this. Look at me out here helping you improve your health.
Soft Chewy Matcha Cookies with White Chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp matcha
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup melted butter not hot
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Combine flour, matcha, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the butter and sugars to an electric mixer and mix on high until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup mini white chocolate chips
- Drop golf ball sized balls onto a baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Matcha Cookies Recipe then please check out my Matcha Brownies Recipe and my Matcha Crepes Cake Recipe. Wouldn’t they make a fab dessert platter together??? Maybe served with my Iced Raspberry Vanilla Matcha Latte? 🙂