The unhealthiest tasting healthy food you’ve ever had.
Blended Cottage Cheese is your new favourite snack, or appetizer, or breakfast, or lunch… it’s your new favourite thing to eat ok? It takes all of FIVE minutes to make, it’s decadent, it’s rich, it’s creamy, and it’s endlessly customizable. Is it the perfect food? It might just be.
Self-Indulgent foodie Chatter…
Cottage cheese is the new whipped ricotta, the new alfredo, the new… ice cream? What? Haven’t tried that one yet and to be honest I’m a little afraid of it. Which means, of course, that I will have to try it.
You know me and you know that yummy food with benefits is my MO. Taste is always first, and then if I can add in some nutritional perks without sacrificing the satisfaction of my craving I’m all for it. Cottage cheese is the perfect example. Rich, smooth & creamy yet packed with protein and nutrition. Big win for me. Big.
I have been stuffing cottage cheese into things for years in the interest of adding protein to foods for my kids, so it, and its delicious cousin ricotta cheese, are pretty much always in my fridge (and in my recipes… if you go to my recipe index page and search “ricotta” you’ll find some good stuff). So while it’s always a good add-in, whipping it up takes it to a whole new level.
blended cottage cheese with honey & chili, the details…
Buckle up friends, I’m about to tell you how to make blended cottage cheese. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it.
Do you have a blender or a food processor? Do you have cottage cheese?
I hope you said yes to both.
Now, put the cottage cheese into the food processor or blender and turn it on. Blend it for about a minute.
Now, I have taken this a step further and drizzled the blended cottage cheese with honey, sprinkled it with spicy red pepper flakes and served it with buttered toast, but that’s just me. I’m a little extra. You do you and eat it however you darn well please. Need ideas? You’ll find several in the next section…
Recipe ingredients, tips, substitutions:
Cottage Cheese – I use 2% cottage cheese. There are a LOT of kinds of cottage cheese. Read this if you need help.
Honey – runny, drippy raw honey.
Chili Flakes – red pepper flakes are what I use, but you could use Gochugaru or any other chili flake.
Blended Cottage Cheese Topping Ideas – sky’s the limit, but here’s a little inspo…
- Pineapple, Toasted Coconut & Honey
- Strawberries, Pistachios & Mint
- Tomatoes & Za’atar
- Cucumbers, Sesame Seeds & a drizzle of Soy Sauce
- Bananas, Honey & Almond Butter
- Blueberries, Sliced Almonds & Maple Syrup
- Candied Bacon, Dates & Pepper
- Raspberries and Granola
Looking for other ways to eat your blended cottage cheese? Try these…
- Use it to make Cottage Cheese Toast
- Add a scoop of it to your pasta, like this Pasta in Green Sauce
- Use it as a dip for this 15 Minute Cheese Stuffed Naan
- Use it in place of the ricotta in these Banana, Walnut & Ricotta Buttermilk Pancakes
Blended Cottage Cheese – With Honey & Chili Flakes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Add the cottage cheese to a blender or food processor and blend for about a minute, scraping down the sides if needed, until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the blended cottage cheese in a dish, drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the chili flakes. Add flaky salt and black pepper, if desired.
Let me know what you think below and if you like this Blended Cottage Cheese Recipe you must try my Cottage Cheese Toast Recipes. So easy and so good.