Fried cheese. That is all.
Ok, that is not all, but it could be all and probably would have been all I ate of this meal if I didn’t have to be responsible and set a good example by eating my veggies blah blah blah.
In truth this whole meal is one delicious bowl. Creamy and comforting and full of flavour. It’s really really good.
Plus… it has… you guessed it. Fried cheese!
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 block Paneer
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Make the chickpeas & cauliflower. Melt coconut oil in a large skillet and add in the onion, garlic & ginger. Cook until softened.
- Add in garam masala, cumin & cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomato purée, water, coconut milk, chickpeas, cauliflower and 1/2 tsp each S&P. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Make the paneer. In a shallow dish mix together the cumin, garam masala, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Slice paneer into 1/2” slices and coat the pieces in the spice mixture.
- Dip each slice in cornstarch, shaking off the excess.
- Pan fry in ghee (or oil) over medium-high heat until brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve all over rice.
Let me know how you like it!