In case you need a Monday night excuse to eat ridiculous amounts of naan bread, I bring you this. Personally, I actually never need an excuse to eat ridiculous amounts of naan bread, but in case you do, I got you.
This Mixed Vegetable Curry is heaven. It’s creamy, rich, a little spicy, and absolutely packed with veggies… so the obvious choice of sides is bread. I threw in some chickpeas and paneer for protein so what you have here is a well rounded bowl of everything you need. We like to top it off with some fresh cilantro, mango pickle and a big squeeze of lime. Some of us have even been known to eat it for breakfast…
You can throw this together and have dinner ready in 30 minutes. A little chopping, a little sautéing and a little simmering. The only other thing you have to do is make some rice and dig in. (May I recommend my favourite Instant Pot Jasmine Rice???)
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I have made this with just about every vegetable under the sun and they are all good. Add in a couple tomatoes… some parsnips… a handful of kale or spinach… butternut (or any) squash is perfection.
*I mentioned that we like to serve this – and pretty much any curry we ever eat – with mango pickle. If you’ve never tried it, you must. It’s kind of weird in the most delicious way. Food & Wine even listed it as one of the top best jarred items to keep in your pantry in this article.
*You can leave the cayenne out if you want to keep it really mild, or double it if you want more heat.
Mixed Vegetable Curry
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 cups veg – See Note**
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1 small sweet potato diced
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 a red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 block paneer cubed
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and the tomato paste. Mix well.
- Add in the garam masala, fenugreek, cayenne and 1 tsp salt. Stir.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and the coconut milk. Mix well.
- Add in the vegetables.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, chickpeas and paneer. Cook 5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with fresh lime, sliced green onions and cilantro.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Curry with Mixed Vegetables Recipe then please check out my Instant Pot Chana Masala Recipe. It’s super easy and sooooooo delicious.