In my never ending mission to convert the kale haters of the world (“Hi” Father-in-Law!) I bring you the best kale salad I’ve ever made (since the last best kale salad I’ve ever made).
But this one is seriously delicious. The combo of strawberries, balsamic & pepper is often seen in desserts (so good on ice cream!) but in this salad… you must try this salad. It is going to be on repeat around here until the strawberries are gone. Got a kale hater in your life? Try this!
- For the Parmesan Crisps:
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For the strawberries:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- To make the Parmesan crisps divide the cheese into little piles on a baking sheet. Throw in the oven at 375 for 3-4 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss the strawberries with the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the kale into thin ribbons and massage in a large bowl with the olive oil.
- Add in the dijon and balsamic along with some big pinches of S&P. Mix well.
- Top the kale with the pistachios, goat cheese, strawberries, crisps and more pepper.
Let me know what you think!