MOMS!!! Banana, Walnut & Ricotta Buttermilk Pancakes. How good does that sound? May I make a suggestion for Mother’s Day? Or Tuesday? Or Friday? You see where I’m going with this…
May I suggest that you print this recipe and subtly leave it on the counter for the husband and kids to find?
If you like that idea, may I also suggest that you kick it up a notch and do what I would (will) do and NOT so subtly print it off on neon paper and paste it to the fridge with a big sticky note on it that says “MAKE ME THIS FOR MOTHER’S DAY!!!”?
Let’s not beat around the bush.
These banana walnut pancakes are that good.
I’m just here to help.
So many ricotta pancake recipes require separating the eggs, whipping the whites and folding them into the batter and that’s great. I’m not doing that. And these still turn out super light and fluffy! I wanted it to be easy enough for the kids (Dads) to whip up and that’s exactly what it is. No need to call Mom for help.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For serving:
- chopped walnuts
- sliced bananas
- maple syrup
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the banana, eggs, buttermilk, ricotta, vanilla and melted butter.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Cook the pancakes and top with maple syrup, sliced bananas and more chopped walnuts.
Let me know what you think!