“Pork chops like these are just about as good as a steak”.
Direct quote. My husband. For real.
I don’t know what else there is to say.
Oh yes! Yes I do. The sauce!! I’m a sweet & salty girl and this really does it for me. Sweet, tangy… perfect with the juicy salty pork chops.
And speaking of the chops… my pro-tip for you here is to always get rib chops for grilling. They’re the best. Trust me. You need the fat to keep them juicy.
I think this is a good time to take a moment to reflect on another famous quote. This one from the famous Emeril who told us that “pork fat rules!!”.
Yes it does, my friends. Yes. It. Does.
- For the pork chops:
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (dried is ok)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 pork rib chops
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a glass dish or sealed plastic bag, mix together the buttermilk, garlic, thyme and salt. Add in the pork chops and make sure they’re all well coated in the buttermilk.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- To make the sauce combine the blueberries, rhubarb, water, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in a small pot.
- Bring all to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the butter. Mix well. Set aside.
- Remove the chops from the brine and dry them off with paper towel. Season well with S&P and grill.
- Serve the chops with the sauce.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this recipe for pork chops then you should definitely go and check out my Honey, Gochujang & Ginger Ribs!