Intended to be a dessert, these were also my breakfast. 3 times. What?They’re full of oats. And coconut. They’re practically granola.
Butterscotch is super underrated and we must use it more. Let’s make that promise to ourselves shall we? It’s such a great flavour. And combine it with oats and coconut? A dream.
I’ll let you in on a little secret… it is my life’s mission to create a homemade version of those little lunchbox butterscotch puddings. I know what you’re thinking: good for her. This is important work that must be done.
To hold you over for now, eat these, whatever time of day you choose. I certainly won’t judge.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp butterscotch chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, 2 Tbsp coconut, 2 Tbsp butterscotch chips, salt, egg, butter and vanilla. It will be crumbly
- Using wet hands, press half the dough into a lined 8×8 pan
- Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup butterscotch chips and 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Then evenly crumble over the rest of the dough
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
Let me know how you like it!