I don’t know who you need to fall in love with you, but I swear this dish right here will make it happen.
Now, lucky for me, I won over my love long ago because he never even saw this dish. I devoured the whole plate standing at the kitchen counter with my girls… but I just know it will work for you!
So, so good.
Cacio e Pepe is one of those dishes that sounds like it might be a bit too fancy to take on, but I’m telling you, just try it once. It will blow your mind how easy it is to make it perfect.
Obviously you can make this with black pepper and there’s nothing wrong with that, I had a bunch of pink peppercorns just dying to be used and this seemed like the perfect place.
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp freshly cracked pink peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook 1 lb pasta in well salted water
- While it cooks melt 1/4 cup butter with 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet.
- Stir in 2 tsp freshly ground pink peppercorns. Let it sizzle for a minute or so and turn down the heat.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to scoop the cooked pasta into the skillet.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese and about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Mix well until it’s all saucy and then add some more pepper.
Let me know how you like it!