I loved everything about this.
So many great textures and flavours here… crispy crunchy potatoes, creamy beans, herby pesto… everything just works. And who doesn’t like toast?
This might take slightly more fussing that PB&J, but it is so worth it.
- Bread of your choice. I used a chunk of a baguette.
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- olive oil
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup small cubed cooked potato
- chili flakes
- Pour a couple Tbsp olive oil into a skillet and when it’s hot add in about a cup of cannelini beans and some S&P. Cook until slightly crisp
- Add in a good handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese. When the cheese is melted remove the beans.
- Add another glug of oil to the pan and add in a cup or so of small, cubed, cooked potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp. Season with S&P and remove.
- Spread your toasted bread with a good layer of pesto.
- Pile the beans on the toast, then the potatoes, then some more Parmesan and chili flakes.
Let me know how you like it!