Because we need a little colour sometimes.
And because if you can’t find perfect tomatoes you can take the next best tomatoes and do this to them and you will be very happy you did.
They are soooooooo tasty.
Eat them with some crostini and whipped feta.
Eat them on some grilled sourdough beside some eggs for breakfast.
Eat them with a fork.
You do you.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp very finely diced red onion
- 1 small minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of dried basil
- Slice the tomatoes and lay in a shallow dish
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the tomatoes
- Let marinate for at least an hour
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh basil & parsley and a few grinds of fresh black pepper
Let me know what you think!