This creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheddar Soup made in the Instant Pot is possibly the ultimate comfort food.
The kind of comfort food that tastes like it cooked all day long… packed with flavour… incredibly rich and creamy… but was ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for when you want a big bowl of cozy and you want it now.
I don’t know abut you, but my appliance cabinet never sees more love than it does when the weather turns cool. I am a slow cooking, food processing, waffle making, InstantPot-ing machine right now. Want to come over??
I’ll make you this soup and omg you’ll never want to leave.
I’m going to give a secret pro-tip that I haven’t included in the recipe below… you know my love of fake cheese right? I’m going to tell you that if you add a couple of processed cheese slices to this along with the cheddar you are going to be very, very happy you did. Totally optional. Totally delicious.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You can make this an entirely cauliflower soup or an entirely broccoli soup if that what you have
*If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the soup to a regular blender, it’s just an extra step. I love my immersion blender and I use it all the time. It cleans up in a flash and works really well. It also doesn’t have to cost a fortune… this is NOT an ad, but mine is like this one on Amazon. The price is really reasonable and it works really well.
Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Soup – Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups grated cheddar
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add in the butter and the onion. Sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrot, celery and garlic. Stir.
- Add in the nutmeg, thyme, cayenne and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Add in the broccoli, cauliflower and vegetable broth.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release when done and use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup (I like to leave it chunky)
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté again. Whisk the cornstarch into the milk and add to the pot along with the cream. Let simmer until thickened and then stir in the cheddar until melted. Add more S&P to taste.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Cauliflower Broccoli Cheddar Soup Instant Pot Recipe I’d love for you to look at my Cauliflower Crunch Spicy Dill Pickle Salad Recipe… it’s one of my favourite ways to use cauliflower these days.
Pingback: Pumpkin Ricotta Pasta - with Browned Butter and Crispy Sage