Ooey, gooey Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Blondies are a Fall dessert made in heaven. For me anyway. That’s right, gooey blondies are my definition of heaven. I’m not wrong.
I’m really into desserts these days for some weird, but not unwelcome, reason. It seems like I’m up to my elbows in flour more days than not these days and I almost think Fall might be turning me into a baker. Or a sugar fiend. Or a baker AND a sugar fiend which seems like a dangerous place to be.
I blame the big oversized sweaters.
Whatever is to blame I can’t say I really care because these are soooooooo good. Fudgy, chewy, coated with a lot of cinnamon sugar… and… you can mix them up in about five minutes. Again, dangerous.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*The pecans are optional in these. I really like nuts in my baking, but I know not everyone does, so feel free to just leave them out.
*I was reeeeeeeeallly tempted to put some chocolate chunks into these, so if you want to go ahead and try that and report back I will not be upset with you at all.
*What’s the difference between blondies and brownies? Read this.
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine together the butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Spread the batter into a greased or lined 8”x8” pan.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Blondies recipe then I think you would love my Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Recipe. They are so incredibly delicious and bursting with fall flavours.