Super Chewy, no-chill coffee cookies with double the chocolate!!
These Coffee Cookies are made with instant espresso powder and you know what that means… you do right? Coffee in baking automatically means it’s an appropriate breakfast choice. *The opinions expressed on this site are my own.
These deliciously chewy and easy to make cookies have a rich coffee flavor and are packed with dark chocolate chunks and creamy white chocolate chips. It’s almost like your favorite mocha latte in cookie form.
Cookie season is upon us friends, so we might as well start the marathon that is baking season with cookies that give us some get up and go. Eat a couple of these with your morning cup and I’m pretty sure you’ll be an energetic baking machine all day.
Anything special you need to know?
I always to my very best to make my cookie recipes no-chill. Which means they lose their temper easily.
That’s not true.
It means you don’t have to wait hours or (gasp) days to enjoy your cookies. I like to satisfy the craving when the craving strikes, so chilling just doesn’t work for me. Check out some of my other no-chill cookie recipes:
…and more… Just go to the search bar at the top of the page and type “cookies”
What Ingredients do you need to make these Coffee Cookies?
- Flour – All purpose flour
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Espresso – instant espresso powder (can also use instant coffee or finely ground espresso beans)
- Dry Milk Powder – can be left out
- Sea Salt
- Butter – melted, not hot
- Brown Sugar – I like dark brown sugar
- Cane Sugar – the regular stuff works just fine too
- Dark Chocolate Chunks – chips are fine too
- White Chocolate Chips – this is the “cream” in your coffee cookies 🙂
Coffee Cookie FAQs
It’s like baking MSG. Read about it here.
Yes and that’s probably why I like them. Feel free to substitute decaf coffee if low-test is your style.
I think the best way is instant espresso. Instant coffee would be my next choice along with finely ground espresso beans. Brewed coffee is tough to work with in cookies because of the added liquid, so I reserve that for cakes.
Let me know what you think!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp milk powder
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup melted butter cooled
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In an electric mixer combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and the egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, milk powder, espresso powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Drop scoops of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.
If you like this Coffee Cookies Recipe please go try my Recipe for White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies with Macadamia Nuts. They’re seriously divine.