Cauliflower for one kid. Chicken for the other. And everybody loves orzo… but creamy lemon orzo???
Winner winner bowl food dinner!!
So many delicious flavours going on here, super easy to make and a great way to please the whole fam. I really believe that bowl meals are the key to pleasing everyone at the table, which makes everyone happy. Especially chef mom!
You can mix up the add-ins however you like, but you have to try this orzo. It’s heaven. Creamy and cheesy, but brightened up with the lemon. So delicious.
- For the cauliflower:
- One medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- For the chicken:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp honey
- For the creamy lemon orzo:
- 2 1/2 cups dry orzo
- 1/4 cup butter
- one garlic clove, minced
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic, S&P.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for about 25 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the olive oil, S&P, rosemary and honey.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes
- Cook the orzo in salted water and drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and stir in the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked orzo along with the lemon zest, juice, cream, parmesan and S&P. (If it looks dry stir in some of the reserved pasta water).
- Spoon the orzo into bowls and top with the cauliflower, the chicken and fresh basil.
Let me know what you think!