What’s the best way to top off a rainy long weekend that was filled with eating lots of delicious food??? Cookies!!! Obviously. I mean, we have to have dessert don’t we?
Friends, hear me out…
Butterscotch and corn. In cookies.
Don’t go. Just trust me.
Have I ever steered you wrong?
This is my new favourite flavour combo and it’s going to be popping up all over the place this summer so get ready. I’m starting with these cookies. Actually, it started with some Rice Krispie treats, but I used the vegan marshmallows for my daughter and they turned out to be hard as rocks and need some work. I still ate them, but they weren’t good enough to share with you. I’ll work on it. 😉
You’ve seen pretzels in cookies, potato chips in cookies, so why not corn chips??? There’s no reason why not. They’re perfect and they just work with the butterscotch in these perfectly chewy, super delicious cookies. So, so yummy.
If you’re sweet ‘n salty obsessed like me, you need to try these cookies!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup lightly crushed corn chips.
- Combine the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer combine the butter, cane sugar and brown sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips and corn chips.
- Drop onto banking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Let me know what you think!