These saucy bbq ribs are going to be on the menu here all summer long.
I’m so happy to see grilling season again and even though the weather here is supposed to be absolute garbage this weekend, these ribs are so good that I’m still willing to send my husband outside to grill them anyway. It’s worth it. My wine and I will cheer him on from the house.
Friends, these ribs are fantastic. And this sauce. It is so, so delicious. I’m thinking about making a big batch and keeping it on hand all summer long because I can’t think of what it wouldn’t be good on! Chicken, flank steak, cauliflower… I’m planning to try everything! It’s sweet, spicy and the ginger just makes it pop. It also takes just minutes to make, so really, why wouldn’t you try?
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Gochujang (what is this? read about it here)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- For the ribs:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine (or mirin, or regular wine)
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp gochugaru (or chili flakes)
- To make the sauce, heat together in a small pot the honey, Gochujang, garlic, ginger, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Simmer for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- Place one rack of baby back ribs on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, wine, chili garlic sauce and dijon.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs and sprinkle the ribs with the garlic powder, gochugaru and some S&P.
- Wrap the ribs with foil and bake at 300 for 3 hours.
- Remove ribs from the oven and grill, basting with the sauce.
The best bbq ribs! Let me know what you think!
Pingback: Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops with Blueberry Rhubarb Balsamic Sauce