I love Nice Cream. It’s so easy to make and tastes really good, but I don’t always want it to taste like banana. This one is made with coconut milk… and it’s blue! With sprinkles!!
For as long as I can remember I’ve been drawn to blue food…
What ice cream would you like little Joni? I want the bright blue one with the petrified chunks of bubblegum-like things! Candy store? Give me all the blue whales. Night Clubbing at 19? Electric Blue Popsicle please. And now? Now I have discovered Butterfly Pea Powder and I think everything I make from now on might be blue… starting with this.
This nice cream is dairy free, no-churn, takes 10 minutes to whip up and is incredibly delicious. It’s the prettiest colour and it’s loaded with sprinkles. You can also make it without the blue… that’s just to make me happy.
- For the blue syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- For the Nice Cream:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp blue syrup
- 1 tsp white vanilla
- Make the blue syrup by mixing the sugar and the water and adding in the Butterfly Pea Powder. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the ice cream, combine in the blender the coconut milk WITHOUT the water (just scoop all the coconut cream from the top and discard the water – or drink it like I did), the sugar, 3 Tbsp of the blue syrup and the vanilla.
- Blend until smooth, stir in a handful of sprinkles and transfer to a container.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for a few hours, stirring occasionally.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this recipe for Blue Nice Cream then you should definitely go and check out my Buttermilk Cornmeal Baked Mini Donuts with Honey Butter Glaze.