Blueberry Jam with Lavender sounds like something that might require canning, which doesn’t work for me. I am 100% certain that if I try canning anything without my Mom here to supervise I’m going to kill someone with botulism. So I just don’t. Unless she’s here.
Also, making jam… super scary… wrong proportions and it might not thicken up… if you don’t boil it for exactly 7.32 minutes it will fail… and don’t even get me started on pectin… this is not the kind of stress I need in my life.
But then… jam!! Homemade jam is soooooo much better than store bought jam. I don’t even really know why, it just is. And I have tried those healthy chia jams and they’re good, but not the same.
And so, I give you this.
The lavender is completely optional, and it’s really good without, but with the lavender it is absolutely killer on a cheese board. This jam, brie, water crackers… just trust me.
This recipe a couple jars worth, takes 15 minutes, and has a little chia in it to correct for any proportion errors.
You can not screw it up.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lavender (optional)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened (you can turn the heat down if it’s splattering like crazy).
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, lavender (if using) and chia.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Blueberry Jam with Lavender you should definitely go and check out my Brown Sugar Milk Tea Chia Pudding with Salted Foam!