Why Friday Night?
Because if you should choose to cook on Friday…
**I actually think you shouldn’t and that we should be working harder to make #nocookfriday a thing.**
But IF you should choose to, this is what you should make. 10 minutes. And it is heaven.
Capellini takes all of four minutes to cook and these tomatoes? This is my go-to ten minute tomato sauce that I make all. The. Time. It’s the perfect back-pocket pasta you can whip up in a flash with simple pantry ingredients. It tastes like you peeled, chopped and simmered for hours. But you didn’t.
You can also make this on Saturday.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb capellini pasta
- Parmesan and fresh basil, for serving
- Melt the butter in a saucepan (you can even brown it if you want to be fancy).
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, the olive oil and S&P to taste.
- Let gently simmer on low heat while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the capellini, drain, top with the sauce, Parmesan & fresh basil.
Let me know what you think!