I’m starting to wonder if my love of salads is more a love of salad dressings. I mean, a Strawberry Mango Avocado Salad is a delicious thing in and of itself, but this dressing… I am all about the dressing…
You know what? I’m eating my veggies. All is good. Leave me be.
So, this dressing… It’s dreamy. And so quick and easy to make. You throw everything into the blender and boom! Salad dressing. 5 minutes. I actually used my immersion blender and blended it all together in a mason jar so leftovers could go straight to the fridge (hint: there will be no leftovers).
And this salad… It’s so delicious. Bright and light but still super satisfying and full of flavour. You can mix up the ingredients too. Try different veggies. Add in some nuts or seeds. Swap out the quinoa for a different grain. Tons of options. Just try it. It’s springtime in a bowl.
- For the dressing:
- 1 jalapeño (seeded or not) chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 3-4 cups chopped romaine
- For the dressing mix together the jalapeño, cilantro, honey, lime zest and juice, salt, cumin and avocado oil. Blend until smooth
- In a large bowl toss together the quinoa, strawberries, mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and romaine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss again. Eat!
Let me know what you think!