Pizza. Skillet Pizza. And let’s put butter on it. BROWNED butter!
You know that sounds good.
And omg is it ever good. Sweet, salty, spicy… and buttery!!!
I recognize that maybe I take it too far sometimes with the browned butter. Maybe it doesn’t go with everything. Maybe. Not this time. This one is a keeper and you must try it.
- For the butter:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- For the dough:
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the pizza:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- To make the butter brown 2 Tbsp butter in a small pot. Just as it turns brown whisk in the garlic.
- Remove from heat. Stir in a pinch of salt and the honey. Set aside.
- To make the dough combine 1/2 cup warm water with 1/2 tsp sugar and 2 1/2 tsp yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Stir in the flour, olive oil and salt and knead until smooth.
- Cover and set aside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Set your oven to 500 degrees and place a 10” cast iron inside to preheat for about 10 minutes. Remove.
- Stretch/roll your dough out to about 10”
- Pour about 2 Tbsp oil into the hot pan and add in your dough, carefully stretching it to fill the pan.
- Top with a drizzle of the honey butter and about 1 cup shredded mozzarella. Then add the corn kernels, scallions and the other cup of mozzarella. Drizzle with the rest of the butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes then immediately top with sliced fresh jalapeños, a sprinkle of salt and another drizzle of honey, if desired.
Let me know what you think!