Who wants to know how to make their own Hot Chocolate Bombs??? You do! Yes you do. It’s easier than you think.
I’m not going to lie and tell you that you can churn out dozens of these cute little guys in minutes friends. But I will tell you that it’s not as scary as it seems and worst case scenario… melt ’em down and start over. Once you make your first batch and get the hang of it you’ll be churning them out like a well-oiled machine.
Now, these do take a little time and effort, but they keep really well and make the most impressive gifts.
I can also tell you that if you’re looking for a little side hustle to pay for all those Christmas presents this might be it. My girls sold a whole bunch of these last Christmas because they were hard to find and super expensive if you could find them. Food for thought… or just keep ’em all for yourself.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You do need to buy silicone molds to make these. Maybe some magical genius has come up with a better way, but I am not that genius. I used ones like these.
*I used a variety of dark, milk and white chocolate for these and they all work really well.
*A few favourite flavour combos of ours:
- Dark chocolate bomb with crushed candy canes inside and on top.
- White chocolate bomb with dark chocolate drizzle.
- Milk chocolate bomb with sprinkles.
- White chocolate bomb with white hot chocolate mix and crushed candy canes.
Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Silicone sphere molds
- 2 cups chocolate (white, milk or dark)
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- sprinkles and candy for decorating
- Melt chocolate in the microwave on medium heat in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until it's nice and smooth.
- Spread an even layer inside your molds with a small spoon.
- Freeze for 5 minutes then pop the chocolate out of the molds.
- Fill one half of a sphere with 1 Tbsp hot chocolate mix and a few mini marshmallows.
- Warm a plate in the microwave. Take the empty half of your sphere and press it to your plate for just a couple of seconds.
- Then seal the sphere and decorate!
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Recipe for Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs you have to check out my Tanghulu Recipe! Juicy sweet strawberries are coated in a crunchy candy shell. Like these Hot Cocoa Bombs, Tanghulu Strawberries are also much easier than they sound, are so fun to make, and are a fabulous gift idea.