Hoooooooly yuminess these are so good!!
Magic Bars but make them Easter by topping them with Cadbury Mini Eggs. Then switch out all the other goodies with almonds, almond extract and chopped up Marzipan.
Who else buys giant bags of Mini Eggs as soon as they hit the stores and eats handfuls of them as an added dessert course to every single meal of the day? Please say you do.
Moving on. If you like almond anything as much as I do you will love these. And if you love gooey, chewy, coconutty things too… well… you are welcome. Happy Easter!
Can you freeze these Mini Egg Magic Cookie Bars?
Totally! I would allow them to cool, then cut them into bars and freeze. They’re pretty gooey, so you might want to freeze them on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer bag.
(They’re actually pretty yummy frozen because it makes them extra chewy… don’t ask how I know.)
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I used unsweetened shredded coconut in these bars and believe me, they are plenty sweet. Normally Magic Bars (also knows as Seven Layer Magic Bars) use sweetened shredded coconut, but we are on the way to massive sugar overload here so I think unsweetened works just fine.
*I know it’s often said that you can’t substitute almond paste for marzipan and vice versa, but I can tell you that I’ve had tubes of both and both work in these. More on the difference between the two here.
*Can you use other kinds of nuts in these Magic Bars? Sure, why not? You can sub in different nuts depending on what you have and these will still be delicious.
Let me know what you think!
Mini Egg and Marzipan Easter Magic Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup diced marzipan
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cups mini eggs
- Combine the graham wafer crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl.
- Mix well and spread evenly into a greased or lined 8×8 pan.
- Evenly top the graham wafter crust with the slivered almonds, the flaked almonds and the diced marzipan.
- Stir the vanilla and almond extracts into the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour evenly over the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle over the coconut and the mini eggs.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
If you like this Mini Egg and Marzipan Easter Magic Bars Recipe then go check out my Raisinet Oatmeal Cookie Recipe. It’s another great way to use one of our favourite candies in baking.