These Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies are your favourite pumpkin spice latte in cookie form. I came up with this recipe for myself because… well…
My friends, I’m going to admit something that I’m pretty embarrassed to admit.
I don’t like Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
There. I said it. Feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest.
If I’m honest, this actually upsets me a little bit. What is wrong with me??? I love all the spices, I love pumpkin, and lord knows I love me some coffee. What is the problem here!
Until I figure it out I’m just gonna stick with these cookies. These cookies are heaven.
Chewy, spiced with pumpkin pie spice, a little kicky from the espresso, and they have real pumpkin in them without being cakey. They are truly delicious.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You can omit the espresso powder if you don’t want these to be pumpkin spice LATTE cookies. They will still be incredibly delicious chewy pumpkin cookies that will still make you very happy.
*Want to make your own pumpkin pie spice? It’s so easy and so great to have around during the holiday season. Click here for a couple of really great pumpkin pie spice recipes. It’s so easy to throw into just about any baked goods… or tea… or coffee… or hot chocolate… I promise you’ll use it.
*You do not need to chill this dough before baking, but you do want to make sure to properly and fully cream the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Let it whip for several minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp dry milk powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and espresso powder in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, pumpkin and dry milk powder. Mix well again.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a bowl combine the 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 tsp espresso powder.
- Roll the dough into golf ball sized balls and roll in the sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookie Recipe then I think you would love my Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Recipe. They are so incredibly delicious.