I actually could rename this Apple Almond Cake and call it my Quadruple Almond Apple Cake instead, but that just doesn’t roll off the tongue the same way does it?
I must tell you that I am an absolute almond junkie so if there’s a chance to amp up the almond flavour in something I will not hold back. Almond extract? Yep. Almond booze? Absolutely. Marzipan? Duh. Actual almonds? Sure, why not? Feel me? This cake is for you friend.
This recipe is incredibly simple to make and is so, so delicious. A couple of bowls and spoons and a little apple chopping and you are on your way to Apple and Almond Cake heaven. Seriously, we all had seconds.
One world of warning… You’ll think this cake is not going to work out because it’s more apples than batter, but it works. I promise it really works. It’s absolutely loaded with apples and almond in all its many forms. Absolutely scrumptious.
Anything special you need to know?
*Like I mentioned above, you will think this isn’t going to work when you fold the apples into the batter because it seems like there are more apples than batter. But trust. It will work.
*You can sub 1 cup all purpose flour for the cake flour, I just really like the soft fluffy texture of the cake flour.
*If you are wondering, click here for a little explanation of the difference between marzipan and almond paste. I think either would work equally well here and if it makes you feel any better my tube said Marzipan/Almond Paste. Wait. What?
Triple Almond Apple Cake
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 Tbsp Amaretto
- 3 1/2 cups apples peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 cup marzipan cut into 1/4” pieces
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the vanilla, almond extract and Amaretto.
- Mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and the marzipan.
- Pour the batter into a greased/lined 9” cake pan and sprinkle with the almonds and the sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Apple and Almond Cake Recipe then I think you’d love my Apple Blondies with Walnuts & Cinnamon Brown Butter Glaze. They are seriously delish.