10 minutes. That’s how long it takes to make this. TEN minutes!!!
So when you need a quick dinner that really impresses, packs a ton of flavour, and is dead easy, this is your recipe. The mustard is zippy and so perfect paired with the sweet smokiness of the sugar and paprika. It all just works.
I started making my salmon this way a year or two ago and now I really don’t want it any other way. Smear it, sprinkle it, broil it. 10 minutes. Done. And so, so delicious.
Quick tip before you make this… make a big piece so you can have leftovers to make my Glass Noodle Salad with Salmon and Quick Crispy Onions tomorrow!
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 whole salmon filet
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, pepper, paprika & smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Lay one medium whole salmon filet on a foil lined baking sheet and season with sea salt.
- Smear the mustard evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle with all of the sugar mixture.
- Dot with about a Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces.
- Broil about 6” from the heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with parsley & lemon.
Let me know what you think!