Friends, what I did here is pretty cool… I managed to take a simple classic dish like a Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino recipe and make it both easier and harder at the same time.
Harder? Because I added lemon, olives and cheese. All good ideas, I think you’ll agree.
Easier? Because I came up with a little hack, born entirely out of my desire to avoid using my mandoline… because I’d have to get it out of the drawer and unwrap it (I wrap it in foil so nobody reaches in the drawer and accidentally severs a finger) and also I loathe cleaning that thing.
Conveniently, I found my little hand held grater in the drawer right in front of me. So, instead of “finely slicing” a whole whack of garlic cloves I just grated them right into the pan with the oil. Still good. Less cleaning. Boom.
This pasta is so good and can be on the table in 15 minutes. Even less if you don’t complicate things like I did… but I highly recommend you do.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup black olives
- Get the spaghetti cooking in well salted water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over low-med heat.
- Grate in 4-5 cloves of garlic (with a coarse grater, not a microplane).
- Let cook until the garlic is just starting to lightly brown. Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Add in the cooked pasta along with about 1/2 cup of the cooking water, the lemon zest, parmesan and good pinches S&P. Toss well.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and the black olives.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino Recipe then you should definitely go and check out my Spicy Mini Turkey & Sausage Meatball Linguine with Tomato Sauce and Bocconcini!
Pingback: Spicy Spanish Cod and Shrimp. So Easy and Packed with Flavour.