BBQ Chicken Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza with Jalapeños & Honey!
Making a Tortilla Pizza in the Air Fryer means you can have the most delicious crispy thin crust pizza ready to go in all its cheesy, crispy delicousness in under ten minutes. TEN minutes! You heard me.
Obviously you don’t have to make a BBQ Chicken Air Fryer Pizza like I did. Pepperoni is your thing? Go for it. Veggie pizza? Yes! I mean spinach & artichokes & peppers & olives is one of my faves too. Or how about a little mushroom, bacon & tomato action? The best. Brie & apple? OMG I have got to make this one.
Whatever you choose I will not yuck on your yum, but what I can tell you is that if you do try my version you won’t regret it. If you do, let me know and we’ll work on a solution for you. I’m here to help friends.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza, the details…
I don’t have a lot to say here friends. You’re going to spray your air fryer basket with oil or cooking spray, lay in your tortilla and spread it with your sauce.
Scatter all of your toppings and cook. I should say that you don’t really want to overdo your toppings. Let’s remember that this is a tortilla and as delicious as it is, it’s not a powerhouse of strength and it can only hold so much. We also want it to crisp up right through to the center and that won’t happen if it’s. overloaded.
If you’re using any fresh herbs or honey (pro-tip: there are very few pizzas that do not love a little drizzle), add them on after your pizza is cooked. That’s it. Happy cooking.
Tips, tricks, substitutions
- Tortillas- I use a large flour tortilla for my pizza, but you can use whatever tortilla you like… corn, keto, low-carb wrap.
- Sauce – Obviously my BBQ Chicken pizza uses BBQ sauce, but you can use any sauce you like… marinara, alfredo, ranch, pesto… anything.
- Cheese – Melty pizza mozzarella is the obvious choice, but you’re definitely not limited to it. Try some cheddar, brie, parmesan, feta, asiago, jalapeño jack or any other cheese.
- Air Fryer – Make sure your tortilla fits into your air fryer basket before you start. I have a pretty big one (from these guys – not an ad) so a large tortilla laid flat works just fine.
The pizza is pretty much ready to go in about 4-5 minutes, but I actually let mine cook for about 6 or so minutes to get it extra crispy.
Let me know what you think!
Tortilla Pizza [Air Fryer]
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Pickled Jalapeños as many as you like.
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket with oil (or cooking spray).
- Place the tortilla in the basket and evenly spread with the BBQ sauce.
- Add the chicken pieces and cover evenly with the cheese.
- Scatter the red onion and jalapeños over the cheese. Air fry at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes, until the tortilla crisps and the cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the air fryer and top with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
If you like this Tortilla Pizza (Air Fryer) Recipe please go try my Recipe for Air Fryer Garlic Butter Chicken Wings. Possibly my favourite thing to eat this year… so far. 😉