My lazy girl’s Valentine’s Day dessert that packs a punch.
These Fireball Whisky Cinnamon Heart Blondies are the perfect little Valentine’s Day (or, let’s be honest, any day) treat. They’re chewy, buttery, spiked with cinnamon whisky, topped with crunchy cinnamon sugar and loaded with cinnamon heart candies. How fun is that?
These chewy, buttery, cinnamony blondies should come with a quick prep warning and that is this… if you are a Fireball Cinnamon Whisky rookie I suggest you break yourself in slowly and sip, don’t shoot. It is good stuff, but I can imagine a straight shot of it to a newbie might just blow your head off just after it burns the bejeepers out of your mouth. It’s good though. I swear.
I first tried it (I know, where have I been?) last weekend in Las Vegas when my gf suggested we order a couple while I was learning to play roulette (and killing it btw). This is when I learned of the deliciousness of Fireball… and also that in Vegas a “shot” consists of roughly 18 ounces of straight booze in a highball glass.
Fireball Whisky Cinnamon Heart Blondies, the details…
Blondies are probably my second most favourite treat to make next to cookies – which I’ve made so many of that I can now make with robotic efficiency. Blondies are insanely easy to whip up, are infinitely customizable and are so satisfying to eat. They really should be your go-to for dessert.
Most importantly, you must make sure you properly whip up your butter and sugar. Let it go in an electric mixer until it goes from runny to light and fluffy before you add in your egg and extract. Then, quickly add in your flour mixture and mix just until everything is combined. Fold in whatever add-in ingredients you’re into and bake. That is seriously it.
Ingredients & Subs
- Fireball – the cinnamon flavour of this whisky is obviously the point of these blondies, but you can customize this recipe using any liquor you like.
- Cinnamon Heart Candies – the candies will retain their texture in these blondies, so there will be little crunchy/chewy bites throughout your blondies, which I love. If you don’t love, then just leave them out, or replace them with something else… almonds, chocolate… whatever.
I bake mine for about 25 minutes. You want them just set and not overcooked. Let them cool before removing them from the pan as that gives them time to firm up.
I think this is because you skipped out on property creaming your butter and sugar. You need that light fluffy texture that incoporates air into your batter.
Let me know what you think!
Fireball Whisky Cinnamon Heart Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Fireball Whisky
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cinnamon candy hearts
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and Fireball and mix well.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl and add into the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the candies and spread the batter into a greased/lined 8”x8” baking pan.
- Mix together the coarse sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter. Add a few more cinnamon hearts, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
If you like this Fireball Whisky Cinnamon Heart Blondies Recipe please go try my Recipe for White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies. They are super yummy.