These Hot or Cold Sesame Noodles are such a quick and easy dinner. They’re also a great make ahead dish for lunch or a picnic. I will be eating them both ways, possibly daily, for the foreseeable future. Whatever you choose to do with them is up to you. Just make them. They are yummy!
The sauce for these noodles comes together in no time at all and I’ve used pre-cut coleslaw mix and fresh noodles that cook in a flash to speed things up even more. Pretty nice to know you’re only 10 minutes away from a big bowl of noods isn’t it??
You can add tofu or pretty much any grilled meat to this. Or do what I do and count the sesame part as protein. 😉
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Crisp
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- For the noodles:
- 1 small bag coleslaw mix
- 1 package fresh egg noodles
- For serving:
- sliced scallions
- sesame seeds
- To make the sauce whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, tahini, rice vinegar, Mirin, chili crisp, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Dump the coleslaw into a large bowl.
- Cook your noodles (I used Chinese egg noodles), drain, and dump the hot noodles over the slaw. Toss together.
- Add the sauce and toss again.
- Top with lots of sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
- Eat right away or refrigerate and eat later.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Recipe for Cold Sesame Noodles then you should also go and check out my Easy Skillet Cashew Chicken.