These Apple Blondies with Walnuts and Cinnamon Brown Butter Glaze are To. Die. For. They are also born out of necessity.
You see, friends, if I don’t do something fast about the apple explosion currently underway in my backyard there’s a good chance my poor puppy is going to get concussed. Dangerous little apple bombs are flying off the tree at an alarming rate. So please, come get some apples from me and make these apple blondies. Do it for Theo’s safety.
And for yourself. I won’t blame you if it’s mostly for yourself. They’re that good.
If you’re looking for a new easy apple dessert recipe that really impresses then I’m pretty sure you’ve found it.
Let me know what you think!
Apple Blondies with Walnuts and Cinnamon Brown Butter Glaze
For the blondies:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts plus:
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts
For the cinnamon brown butter glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Melt the 1/2 cup butter and let cool to room temperature.
- Add in the brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter into a 9×9 baking pan and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- While the blondies bake make the glaze. Brown the 1/4 cup butter and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add in the icing sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the blondies from the oven when done. Let cool.
- Drizzle the blondies with the glaze and sprinkle with the finely chopped walnuts.
If you like this Apple Blondies Recipe then I think you’ll love my Recipe for Frosted Chocolate Chunk Banana Zucchini Cake. It’s also to die for. 😉