This Banana Bread with Oat Flour is one of my favourite Banana Bread Recipes ever.
The butter and the brown sugar make it super moist and because it’s made with oat flour and four bananas I’m just going to go ahead and call it healthy. No arguments. Shhhhhh!
Regardless of what you think of the health factor here you must know that this bread is absolutely scrumptious. It’s soft and moist with a crunchy sugar crust on top, and I am a huge fan of the combination of chocolate and cinnamon, so I couldn’t resist adding them both. You don’t have to. You should, but you don’t have to.
I also almost always make my banana bread in a square pan instead of a loaf pan for a couple of reasons… first, it doesn’t take as long to bake. Second, I get more surface area for a sugar crust, which I absolutely love. Just look at it!
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You can sub in all purpose flour (regular or gluten free) for the whole wheat pastry flour, but if you haven’t used whole wheat pastry flour before I highly recommend it. It works so well in baking.
*I make this bread in a square pan, but you can also make it in a loaf pan, just be sure to increase the baking time.
*If you can’t find oat flour at your grocery store it is really, really easy to make at home. Read this.
*All the chocolate and the cinnamon sugar topping are totally optional in this banana bread, but know that it makes it amaaaaaaaaazing!!! 😉
Banana Bread with Oat Flour
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup flour whole wheat pastry or all purpose
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans*
- 2 Tbsp coarse sugar
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add in the butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, salt and 2 tsp cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the pecans.
- Pour the batter into a greased and/or lined 8×8 baking pan.
- Mix together the coarse sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Banana Bread with Oat Flour Recipe then you really should not miss my Banana, Walnut & Ricotta Buttermilk Pancakes. If you’re a banana fan you’ll love ’em!