I adore butter lettuce and I adore this salad. It’s a funny story though… the whole inspiration for this salad was a bottle of raspberry red wine vinegar that I bought thinking it was regular old red wine vinegar, put in something that should definitely NOT taste like raspberry and learned a very important lesson about reading labels.
Good news is that it all worked out for the best because this salad is delish! So much yummy raspberry flavour and… it has brie in it!!! So good.
This salad is simple and yet still so elegant. It takes just minutes to make and can easily be made into a complete summer meal with some grilled chicken or fish. We’ll be eating this all summer long!
- For the dressing:
- 2 tsp raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp raspberry red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp oil
- For the salad:
- 1 head Butter lettuce
- Brie, chopped into chunks or slices, about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Pine nuts
- For the dressing whisk together the jam, vinegar, oil and S&P.
- For the salad combine the lettuce, brie, raspberries and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Top the salad with the dressing.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this recipe for this Butter Lettuce Salad with Brie, Raspberries and Pine Nuts then you should definitely go and check out my Southwest Salad with Jalapeño Lime Vinaigrette and Honey Butter Cornbread Croutons.