I was trying to think of a corny joke for this Creamy Corn Pasta but couldn’t come up with one.
Lord that was bad.
What’s also not funny is how good this is! This should be your Friday night pasta this week while the corn is good. Or any other night. Or any time of year because it works very well with frozen corn too.
This easy corn pasta recipe comes together in no time at all and it is so delicious. Garlicky, creamy, a little tangy, a bit spicy and soooooo cheesy. Everything I want my pasta to be.
- 1 package medium shell pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 sliced scallions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Calabrian Chili powder (or red pepper flakes)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
- Get your pasta cooking in well salted water (be sure to reserve about a cup of the cooking water before draining).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the corn kernels. Let cook 2-3 minutes and add in the butter, scallions, garlic, Calabrian Chili and some S&P.
- Let cook for a few minutes until the mixture lightly browns.
- Add in the white wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in the heavy cream, whole milk and yogurt. Stir.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the cooked pasta and the Parmesan, the mozzarella and 1/2-1 cup reserved pasta water.
- Stir well until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Recipe for Creamy Corn Pasta with Basil then I think you’ll love my Recipe for Aglio e Olio with Lemon and Olives. Another favourite pasta dish around here.