My mind: Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake bars are a jillion times easier to make than an actual Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake.
Reality: probably roughly exactly the same.
Maybe I should actually bake a cheesecake and then I’ll know.
But I think nah.
Because these bars? They’re awesome! Beyond delicious and so easy to make.
A buttery graham crust covered in a layer of dark chocolate, then a rich and creamy cream cheese layer topped with fresh dark juicy cherries and more chocolate.
We spend time in the Okanagan each year and I’m always happy when we’re there for cherry season. We’ll spend a day out in an orchard cherry picking and we probably eat as many as we haul out with us. They charge for them by weight and my Mom always asks them “are you going to weigh me on my way in and out too?”.
Chocolate + Cherry = Heaven
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 2 blocks cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup halved cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Mix together the graham crumbs and the butter and press firmly into a lined 8×8 pan.
- Melt the 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate and spread evenly over the crust.
- In a mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs, sour cream, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over the base.
- Top with the halved cherries and the 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Double Dark Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe then you should also go and check out my Matcha and White Chocolate Crepe Cake with Roasted Vanilla Strawberries Recipe too.