This Chocolate Zucchini Brownie Recipe is exactly what you need to use up a bunch of stuff from your garden… if that’s something you need to do. If not, I’m going to recommend you raid someone else’s garden (or maybe just drive to the market and save yourself all that watering and weeding) and make these because they are soooooo good.
I am currently in a war with my post-vacation jungle of a garden and so I am always trying to think of ways to use up my stuff. After this recipe I believe I am winning.
I not only used up the first (and rather ugly) zucchini, I also took a big bunch of mint from my “Mojito Tree” and blended it right up into the sugar. Take that garden.
Joni – 2
Joni’s Garden – 0
Oh, and also… they are amazing!!! Super fudgy, crispy edges, and the mint is perfection.
- For the Mint Sugar:
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- For the Brownies:
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 packed cup finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- For the glaze:
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- First combine the 1/2 cup sugar with the mint leaves in a food processor and process until the mint is finely chopped. Set aside.
- To make the brownies combine in an electric mixer the oil, mint sugar, additional sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine and add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined (it will look dry, but that will change when you add the zucchini).
- Add in the zucchini and the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased/lined 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the pan.
- **Option to glaze while they’re warm. Whisk together the melted butter, icing sugar, cocoa, a small splash of vanilla, a good pinch of salt, and, if needed, a splash of very hot water to thin. Whisk until smooth. Spread over warm brownies.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Chocolate Zucchini Brownie Recipe then you should definitely go check out my Gooey Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cookie Recipe
Pingback: Easy Zucchini Lasagna Recipe with Hidden Veggies
Pingback: Frosted Chocolate Chunk Banana Zucchini Cake Recipe