Give me 30 minutes friends, and I’ll give you pasta heaven.
This Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta is rich, creamy, saucy, garlicky, insanely easy to make and so, so, so delicious. Juicy bites of seasoned chicken and ribbons of delicious pasta swimming in a rich pool of creamy, cheesy sauce. I think you know what’s on the menu tonight now don’t you?
Self-Indulgent foodie Chatter…
Every time I go to my local Italian grocery store I’m a little nervous that I’m going to come home to a room full of friends and family who have staged an intervention. A pasta buying intervention. A “Joni, do you seriously need twelve more bags of pasta right now?” intervention. In this instance I will probably agree to stop out of respect for my loved ones. And then.. if you could please come by on Saturday to pick me up for “yoga” I would greatly appreciate it and will pay you with four bags of whatever pasta shape strikes your fancy when we’re at the market. I mean the yoga class. Thanks friend. 😉
For this pasta I like Mafaldine pasta because… look how cute! I love the mouth feel of those long ruffly noodles. I’ve had it with many other shapes though and can assure you that whatever you choose will be delish.
garlic chicken parmesan pasta, the details…
This 30 minute meal is incredibly easy so it’s perfect for a satisfying weeknight meal, but it’s also elegant enough for guests. If you want to make it a complete meal — so you don’t even have to make a salad – you’re welcome — just throw in a big handful or spinach or chard or kale.
Step 1: start the pasta cooking. You can make the remainder of the dish in the time it takes for the pasta to cook, just be sure to remember to reserve some of the pasta water when you drain it.
Step 2: season and cook the chicken breast pieces. Once they are browned and cooked through you can remove them to a plate and set them aside.
Step 3: add the butter and garlic to the skillet, cook for a couple of minutes and then stir in some flour. After the flour cooks for a minute or two you’ll deglaze the pan with white wine and stir in the milk and cream. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened.
Step 4: stir in a good amount of parmesan cheese and add the chicken back in. Thin the sauce with the pasta water, if desired, and dig in.
Recipe ingredients, tips, substitutions:
Chicken – boneless, skinless chicken breasts are my chicken of choice for this dish, but boneless, skinless thighs would work too. If you want to make this dish vegetarian you can skip the chicken completely and add a can of white beans to the sauce.
Wine – if you’d like to skip the white wine used to deglaze the pan just use an equal amount of broth (chicken or vegetable)
Parmesan Cheese – any hard cheese would work as a substitute.
Herbs – I like a little sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley on this pasta, but you can also use some basil or chives.
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes? Try these…
- Green Curry Fried Rice with Crispy Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hunter’s Chicken
- Udon Stir Fry with Turkey and Green Beans
Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 1 lb pasta*
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- Start the pasta cooking in salted, boiling water (be sure to reserve some pasta water when draining)
- Season chicken with garlic powder and S&P
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add in the chicken.
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it’s melted add in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, stir and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and stir up any bits in the pan. Allow to simmer for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and the cream, reduce the heat and simmer until smooth and thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season with S&P. Thin with pasta water, if desired.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce along with the cooked pasta.
- Serve with extra parmesan and pepper.
Let me know what you think below and if you like this Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe you must try my Ricotta Pesto Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers Recipe. Another quick and easy pasta for dinner idea that you’ll love.