This rich bowl of deliciousness is comfort food heaven.
Pillowy bites of soft gnocchi in a creamy mushroom truffle sauce loaded with meaty rich umami mushrooms, rosemary, wine, cream, two cheeses and truffle oil… what more could you want?! The first time I made this I did not stop dipping into it until it was gone. It’s just so tasty.
And do you know what kind of blows my mind? Kids love this. Just about every kid I know likes the flavour of truffle. Which I find weird. Most kids I know also love sushi. Also weird. When I grew up I thought ketchup was spicy and here are the kids of today pounding down wasabi and truffle oil. What happened?
If it’s not your jam though, just leave the truffle oil off. If you’re scared of it I highly recommend giving it a try. I would probably happily eat a shoe if you doused it with truffle oil, so there was no doubt this dish was going to be a winner for me, but you do what works for you.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You can use homemade or store bought gnocchi for this recipe. Someday soon I’ll share with you how I made the most incredible pillowy gnocchi out of leftover mashed potatoes!! Message me below if you can’t wait. 😉
*I love the texture and flavour of little Cremini mushrooms in this recipe, but you can use little white button mushrooms if you prefer. You can also use larger mushrooms, just cut them into smaller pieces.
*We are a house full of truffle lovers around here, but you can just omit it completely if it’s not your thing. I use black truffle oil, similar to this one.
Gnocchi With Creamy Truffle Mushroom Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 8 oz package small cremini mushrooms*
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth**
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tsp truffle oil
- Boil the gnocchi according to package directions and while it cooks, heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- When it’s hot add in the mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the wine and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the broth and simmer 4-5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add in the rosemary and some S&P to taste.
- Add in the drained gnocchi and turn the heat to low.
- Stir in the cream and the cheese. Mix well. Top with the truffle oil.
**you can also use chicken broth.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Creamy Truffle Mushroom Gnocchi Recipe then I really hope you try my Warm Mushroom and Kale Salad with Blue Cheese and Crispy Torn Croutons. It makes the mushroom lover in me very, very happy.
Pingback: Pierogi Ruskie with Parmesan, Black Pepper & Truffle
Modified this recipe I bit to liking. Too much broth, in the future I’d use maybe half the amount specified, no more. Otherwise great.
Thanks so much for the feedback Chuck! I do like a fair bit of sauce. 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it though!