This Kale Beet Salad is part of my never ending quest to convert people who don’t like certain foods to like them. And I’m not messing around here… this is me taking on the beet haters, the kale haters AND the blue cheese haters… all in one bowl!
Just one bite friends and you’ll see. You’ll see what you’ve been missing. Sweet roasted beets, buttery avocado, sharp blue cheese, toasty crispy crumbs and my very favourite apple cider vinegar dressing. What’s not to love??
One bite… And if this crazy delicious salad doesn’t convert you, no worries, I’ll eat the rest. 😉
If you must, and I mean must, you could swap the beets for roasted carrots, the kale for arugula or butter lettuce and the blue cheese for feta or goat. But you do you friend. I’m going to eat it like this.
If you’re already on team good taste with me, then this really is a must try. If you’re a texture lover and you like a little crunch in your salad then you’ll love this. The crispy, tasty crumbs absolutely make this salad sing and they are the perfect contrast to the buttery avocado and sweet, soft roasted beets. It’s also super easy to make and if you mange to plan ahead, roast the beets in advance and keep them in the fridge. You’ll be tossing them into everything.
Be brave friends. Try it. Report back.
Kale Beet Salad with Avocado and Crispy Blue Cheese Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 cups shredded Kale
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 medium beets roasted and chopped
- 1 avocado
- To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar, mustard, olive oil and a big pinch each S&P.
- Set aside.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat in a skillet and add in the panko. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Remove and season with S&P. Let cool to room temperature and then mix in the blue cheese.
- Place the salad ingredients in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Top with the crumbs.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Kale and Beet Salad Recipe with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing then I think you’ll love my Plum Quinoa Kale Salad with Miso Maple Almond Butter Dressing Another great kale salad recipe that I’m sure you’ll love.