This Udon Stir Fry is all about the textures for me. It checks all the boxes. Sweet… salty… a little chew from the noods… very very yummy.
Everyone around here loves this dish and I love making it. I mean, who doesn’t love a one pan meal? My secret weapon here is the instant udon noodles. They’re shelf stable and ready to go. No boiling, no draining… does it get any easier?
Do you have to use instant noodles? Absolutely not. You can use whatever noodles you like, just make sure they’re properly cooked.
This meal is really sooooooo easy and super fast to make, it is seriously good. Whisk up a quick sauce, cook the turkey and the beans, toss the whole works together… dinner!
Anything special you need to know?
*Want to make this a vegetarian dish? Just omit the turkey. That’s what I did for my veggie girl and she loved it just as much as the rest of us. You could even easily add in some crumbled tofu in place of the turkey.
*Don’t know anything about Udon noodles or what you could sub in the recipe instead? Read this.
Udon Stir Fry with Turkey and Green Beans
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine or regular wine or Mirin
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
- For the noodles:
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb green beans cut into 2″ lengths
- 4 individual sized packages instant udon noodles
- For serving:
- sliced scallions
- To make the sauce whisk together the hoisin, soy, wine, sugar, oil, water, cornstarch and chili garlic paste. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a good drizzle of oil.
- Add in the green beans in an even layer and let cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Give them a stir and let cook for another couple of minutes. Repeat until the beans are browned in spots and tender-crisp (about 6-7 minutes).
- Remove the beans to a plate and add another drizzle of oil to the skillet.
- Add in the ground turkey, garlic and ginger and stir occasionally until cooked through.
- Add the sauce and the beans to the skillet. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and toss until coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Udon Stir Fry with Turkey & Green Beans then I think you’ll love my Dragon Chicken, my Cheese Tteokbooki and my Chili Goma Soba Noodles They’re also great easy recipes that comes together quickly, are packed with flavour and are super satisfying. Definitely worth a try.