Peach Scones with Brown Butter Glaze… how good does that sound???
I’m not going to lie… these lasted about half an hour. And then I kept the leftover brown butter glaze in a bowl on the counter where we dipped into it with spoons over the next day or so and my husband, spoon in mouth, was like “what is this stuff???”. Brown butter my friend. Brown butter. There is nothing better. Nothing.
The point of that story is that this recipe makes more glaze than you’ll need. And now you know how to handle that.
These are super easy to throw together and are so good fresh out of the oven, slathered in large amounts of the brown butter glaze.
- For the scones:
- 1 cup cake & pastry flour (or all purpose)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, frozen
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup diced peaches
- For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Mix together all the flours, the baking powder and the salt.
- Grate in 1/4 cup frozen butter. Mix.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix just until a rough dough forms.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Turn out onto the counter, lightly knead and pat into a circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges and bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 425 for 14-16 minutes.
- To make the glaze, brown 1/4 cup butter.
- Add in a small splash vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add in the icing sugar and the milk (if needed).
- Mix well.
- Drizzle on the scones.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this recipe for Peach Scones with Brown Butter Glaze then I think you’ll love my Strawberry Ricotta Maple Butter Toast. Another seriously delicious breakfast option.