I have a backup name for this Pumpkin Streusel bread… Oodles of Streusel Pumpkin Bread. What do you think? Should we take a vote?
I’m not sure it matters what we call it… let’s just get down to eating it!
I’m going to be honest and say that cake is almost more about the topping than the cake for me. There’s no such thing as too much frosting… and streusel?? I’d happily just eat a bowl of it. It’s sweet, a little crisp, buttery… why would you need anything more? Because this bread, that’s why. It’s the perfect complement to the streusel. It’s soft, moist and full of just the right amount of warm spices.
I wanted this bread to have a silly amount of streusel so I made a good sized batch of it and then I thought… what if I took some of that deliciousness and stuffed it right in the middle of the batter. Yes?? Yes. Good call. Very very good call.
I’m going to flat out say that this bread is way better than Starbucks’ pumpkin bread. I’m also going to say that I’ve never tried Starbucks’ pumpkin bread. But I have read a review of it which satisfied me.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I bet you think I’m about to lecture you about making sure you choose canned pumpkin puree not canned pumpkin pie filling don’t you? Nope. Not me. Not this time. You know better by now.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice for the streusel you can just use cinnamon.
Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
- For the streusel:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- For the bread:
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- To make the streusel mix together the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and melted butter. Mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, milk and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and pour half of the batter evenly into a greased or lined loaf pan.
- Add about 1/3 of the streusel mixture over the batter.
- Top with remaining batter and sprinkle over the remaining 2/3 of the streusel.
- Bake at 350 for about 70 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping Recipe I’d really love for you to take a look at my Pumpkin Ricotta Pasta. It’s savoury pumpkin perfection.
I enjoy what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve added you guys to my own blogroll.