If you’re looking for a healthy, protein packed, delicious pancake recipe…
These Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Pancakes are it. Made in minutes in the blender, they are one of the easiest was to a healthy breakfast that I know.
However, if healthy is your priority, you may want to skip straight to the recipe and not listen to how I actually eat these pancakes.
I just don’t believe there’s such a thing as too much butter when it comes to eating pancakes. Or waffles. Or muffins. I want a big glob of it on top and I want every single bite to have a rich, salty, buttery kick. And then there’s the syrup. Maple syrup is best on these and I prefer an obscene amount of it. A little drizzle just soaks in and disappears, I want it drenched so what I’ve created is kind of a rich, buttery, maple-y sauce.
And I won’t be mad at you if you add whipped cream too.
Anything special you need to know?
You need a blender to make these pancakes and that makes them an absolute cinch to make. You throw all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips straight into the blender and blend until the batter is completely smooth.
The batter gets poured into a bowl and the chocolate chips are folded in. That. Is. It.
Cook, eat, enjoy.
What Ingredients do you need to make these Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Pancakes?
- Cottage Cheese – I use 2%
- Pumpkin – puree, not pie filling
- Oats – whole, rolled oats work best
- Eggs – large size
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar – can sub in regular sugar
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips – dark or semi-sweet
- Soft Butter & Maple Syrup – lots 😉
Anything Special You Need to Know?
Totally! Not the way I eat them, but they can be. These are high protein, refined sugar free and packed with nutritious pumpkin and whole oats.
I never go over medium heat. I find this allows the outside to get nice and golden while the insides have time to cook completely.
For sure! Nutmeg would be lovely and so would ginger, or allspice. They’d be fabulous with pumpkin pie spice too (click here to learn how to make your own).
Let me know what you think!
Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Chocolate Chip Blender Pancakes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Butter for cooking
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet or on a griddle over medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup scoops onto that pan/griddle and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through.
If you like this Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Pancake Recipe please go try my Recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Waffles with Salted Caramel Chips. They’re Fall breakfast heaven.