I have a new obsession friends… it’s called Spicy Dill Pickle Chips. Have you seen them? Lordy they are going to be the end of me.
And guess what else is interesting??
After eating ridiculous amounts of these delicious chips straight up I thought it might be good to coat some chicken with them and fry it. It is. Very good.
***Note: you can bake these if you want, but guys, might I remind you that we are coating the chicken in potato chips? I think we threw the healthy out of this recipe a long time ago, yes? I am also the girl that orders Diet Coke with my burger & fries, so don’t listen to me. You do whatever lets you sleep at night.
I’m going to fry them. Dip them in ranch and not even eat salad with them. Because it’s Friday.
Spicy Dill Pickle Chip Chicken Fingers. Your new favourite thing.
- For the Ranch:
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- For the chicken:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 cup crushed spicy dill pickle chips
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- Pinch cayenne
- To make the ranch add the mayo, buttermilk, garlic, salt, pepper, green onions, dill, vinegar, sugar and cayenne to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and buttermilk together in another bowl.
- In a third bowl combine the chips, panko, pepper, seasoning salt and cayenne.
- Bread the chicken breasts by dipping them in the flour, then the egg, then the chip mixture.
- Shallow fry the chicken pieces in about an inch of oil until brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve with the ranch.
Let me know what you think!