I’m pretty sure bowl food is the answer to pretty much every dinner time problem. Picky eaters? Fill your own bowl. Don’t like your dinner? Not my fault, you assembled it. These Thai Curry Chicken Rice Bowls have all the fixings and all the flavours to make everyone happy.
Pleasing a family with vegetarian and carnivorous members can be pretty challenging…. so we eat a lot of bowl food around here… and pasta. But that’s just because I like pasta.
This bowl was a winner. The sweet & spicy combo of the Thai curry and the mango is delish, and all the veggies just work. Oh, and don’t skip the peanuts!!
- For the rice:
- 2 cups rice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the chicken:
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- For the bowls (all optional, but all recommended):
- Chopped mango
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Hot sauce
- To make the rice combine the rice, oil, sesame oil, ginger and salt in your pot. Mix well. Add water according to directions for the type of rice you’re using. Cook.
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and add in the curry paste, honey and salt. Mix all together really well (I used my hands to make sure all the chicken was coated).
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and grill.
- Add rice to bowls. Add chicken and toppings.
Let me know what you think!