Ready in 15 minutes and ooooohhhhh so delish.
These irresistible Spicy Ramen Noodles are just about the easiest thing to make ever and I can’t really think of anything as satisfying that I can cook in 15 minutes. Except maybe tortilla chips and fake cheese, but I can’t really call that “cooking” can I?
Today, February 1st, we celebrate two very important things…
First: Chinese New Year, and it’s the year of the Tiger, so spicy noods are the right thing to do. Especially these which are incredibly quick and easy to make so you can get back to whatever else we do besides eating to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Second: This first day of February is also known as THE OFFICIAL END OF DRY JANUARY!!! ??
I did it. I survived. Not sure my health is any better for it since I somehow offset the wine with large amounts of cookies, but still!
It’s a miracle I didn’t douse these noods with tequila.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I use these organic Millet & Brown Rice Noodles all the time. They’re my fave, I buy them at Costco pretty much every time I go. (This is not an ad :))
*You do not need a lot of oil to cook tofu this way. I use a thin coat in the bottom of a heavy cast iron skillet and it always comes out super crispy.
*We eat a lot of tofu around here and while only one of us is vegetarian I will say it sure does make cooking easier… no forgetting to take the chicken out of the freezer panic moments on tofu nights. If you’re on the fence, try it this way. I make it for my dad all the time and he always thinks it’s chicken.
Spicy Ramen Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce divided
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chili crisp or Chili oil
- 3 sliced scallions plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Ramen noodles of choice 3 pallets*
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 block extra firm tofu cubed
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Add the ginger, garlic, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, chili crisp, scallions and oil to a bowl and mix well.
- Cook your noodles and add in to the bowl. Toss well.
- To make the tofu, add it to a bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp soy sauce.
- Then add in the cornstarch and toss again.
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet with a thin layer of oil. When it’s hot add in the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp.
- Add to the bowl of noodles.
- Top with sesame seeds, more scallions and more Chili crisp.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Spicy Ramen Noodles with Crispy Tofu Recipe then please check out my Maple Roasted Kabocha Squash Soba Noodles and my Garlic Butter Soy Mushroom Soba Noodles. I think you’ll love them!