Perfect for Valentine’s Day… or breakfast on Tuesday… no questions asked.
Macadamia White chocolate and Raspberry Cookies. I mean… it’s kind of a miracle I even shared these with my family don’t you think? They are to-die-for. I was actually planning on just making a plain version of these cookies with just the berries and the chocolate but then an avalanche of bagged goods spilled out of my cupboard and right on top of the pile was a leftover bag of macadamia nuts from Hawaii. Coincidence? A sign? Divine intervention?
Whatever led to that most fortunate appearance of the macadamias I’m grateful. You will be too.
I doubled up on the raspberries in these cookies by adding freeze dried berries too. This is entirely optional because they aren’t always that easy to find and also they seem to cost about $27 per berry.
Long story short I’m going to plant a backyard full of raspberry bushes next year. Anyone have a freeze drier???
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*You do not have to chill this dough. You do have to whip the heck out of the butter sugar mixture to make sure it’s properly creamed. I whip it for probably 5-7 minutes. My cookie hero Christina Tosi offers up lots of other great cookie making tips in this article.
*I do recommend cutting the raspberries in half before folding them in. Leaving them whole might lead to too much moisture in spots and soggy cookies.
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp milk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries halved
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries*
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- Combine the butter and sugars in an electric mixer and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
- Combine the flour, milk powder, salt, baking soda & baking powder in a bowl. Mix well and add to the butter mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- By hand, fold in the raspberries, chocolate, freeze dried raspberries (if using) and nuts.
- Drop golf ball sized scoops onto baking sheets and bake at 375 for 10-11 minutes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this Raspberry White Chocolate Cookie Recipe then please check out my White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins Recipe and my Iced Raspberry Vanilla Matcha Latte Recipe. Clearly I can’t get enough of this flavour combo.