A White Chocolate Iced Mocha sounds like exactly what you need to get you through your holiday power shopping days doesn’t it???
Most of the time I am all about the hot drinks, but sometimes there are days when I’m heading to the mall with the intention of getting all my shopping done in one fell swoop. You know, a huge power shop. Planning to check off my entire list. And you know what happens right? I come home with a big fat zero gifts because nothing seemed right but somehow I managed to buy myself three new pairs of shoes and a dress. You know what I mean.
Whatever the outcome, we need fuel. And by fuel I mean caffeine. Mixed up with sugar. Topped with whipped cream and maybe a little more sugar. We don’t want to run out of steam do we?
This Iced White Mocha is actually super easy to make and the white chocolate syrup recipe makes enough to keep some extra in the fridge for coffee emergencies. They happen. I swear.
Anything Special You Need to Know?
*I use whole milk for my latte, but you can use whatever milk you like…. low-fat, almond, coconut, soy…
*Crushed candy canes are optional… but really… why wouldn’t you?
*If you want the drink to be a little less strong just use one shot of espresso, or use brewed coffee or even decaf.
*You can buy candy cane pieces already crushed, but I love this question board on all the many ways to do it yourself.
White Chocolate Iced Mocha – With Peppermint Whipped Cream
- For the white chocolate syrup:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- For the drink:
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 shots espresso
- For the peppermint whipped cream:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- For serving:
- Crushed candy canes
- To make the white chocolate syrup combine the whit3e chocolate chips and milk in a bowl and microwave until the chocolate has melt4ed. Whisk until smooth.
- To make the peppermint whipped cream combine the cream, extract and icing sugar together and whisk until whipped.
- To make the drink add ice to your glass. Pour in 2 Tbsp of the white chocolate syrup. Top with the milk, espresso and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Let me know what you think!
If you like this White Chocolate Iced Mocha Recipe then I’d love for you to try my Matcha Brownie Recipe. They’re another fun favourite that I love to make during the holidays.